Saturday 24 March 2007

Running with Mom

I am a puppy athlete! If I am acting up, or I have too much energy, of if mom and dad know they have to leave me by myself for most of the day without a walk- Mom takes me running! Running is a lot of fun- it is a big game. Usually we run out to the meadow and around it, and then come back. I love chasing mom, or running around her, etc!

At first, the runs were mostly me next to mom or behind her trying to keep up, or trying to jump on her because I thought it was mostly a game. I learned to chase after mom if she started running- and in fact, when I was off the lead that is how she tricked me to come back to her to put the lead back on! Now that I have the hang of it, however, I tend to pull mom along- going to the end of my extendo lead trying to get her to run faster so that we can chase geese, etc! I always check back to see where we are going, but I think mom has to follow me more than I follow her!


Mom might prefer to jog- but I love to bound, it is a weird thing to look at, I don't just gallop along beside mom, I fully curl up my body and sort of spring along in a bound. It is all very much fun. I use my bound to chase other dogs and geese because it makes me get into a pounce position easier. Often I'll bound around the house like a maniac because mom taught me how to run.

Dad says there is only one downside- now if they are walking at the parks or something and I see a runner or a jogger, I immediately go after them!

Woof!

Picture: Mom and me rest up and have breakfast after a run.

4 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

Today Winston was determined to get himself a duck, but they were too quick for him.

Anonymous said...

You really are going insane. Now you're writing a blog about your puppy. What a loon.

Jacquelyn said...

It's not about the puppy...it's by the puppy. And his daddy helps him with the keyboard; his mommy is too busy with her own blog and wall-to-wall schedule of not doing anything.

Winston said...

I resent that! I do blog my own blogs, you can read about how I do it at Blogging Puppy and become a believer in puppy blogging! I even have an email address and facebook name...