Sunday 25 February 2007

Blogging Puppy

Its funny how people don't believe that a puppy can write a blog. They say that I am too young, or too short,or that my paws can't reach all the home keys at once, or that I can't read and write or set up an online blogspace. Now I admit that my father does help me with the blog- he set it up for me and taught me how to use it. It is his website after all. But I am in an Oxford education family who puts higher education at the top of priorities for me.

Puppy training is just the beginning! That is just manners and etiquette and lets me play with other puppies. To date I have learned Cyrillic script, Greek Script, and two poems- Jabberwocky, and The Tyger (my favorite), and mom has started reading me Harry Potter! I even learned how to play Go this morning while mom and dad were trying to figure it out over morning coffee!

I don't consider myself a smarter than average puppy, just clever. And I suppose that the reason is because I spend most of my time in a library while my parents are working. (See picture below). After all, when I have chewed all the rawhide, I can better myself through reading! The sun is also nice in the afternoon because it shines right through the window and gives me a nice warm reading space to lie in!


I guess the real question is, why are my parents so bored that they are reading William Blake to me? Well I do request those things. I constantly climb up into my mother's lap to see what she is reading, or get between dad's feet to get at his files- I mean, what is more interesting than me? So I get read to when I do those things, and after a while it became second nature!

People sarcastically ask my dad in conversation about the website if I have a puppy blog up. I guess they think that would be silly because dogs can't blog! They are usually shocked to find out that I actually do. So if you don't believe I can blog, why do people always ask me if I have a blog? And now that you are reading it, oh non-believer, are you enjoying it?!

You know, its a dog's life!

Woof!

1 comment:

Jacquelyn said...

I will continue to read Russian children's books, famous poetry, and Harry Potter y la Piedra Filosofal to my puppy. I don't care how ridiculous it seems.