Tuesday 27 February 2007

Puppy Dog Eyes- Gross?

I don't feel well today, but it made for a very good night!

For the past two days, my left eye has been very red, and oozing yellow pus. I didn't really focus well, although I could see my dad's finger move around with a treat when he was looking at it! I was tired all day, and not really interested in anything (except of course destruction, but that was 5 minutes of an otherwise very lethargic day- and really, come to think of it, I may have been sent into crazies because of my eye irritation).

Dad took me to the vet to get me worming medication, because the 26th is the day for those meds. At the vet, he checked up on my eye, and was told to wash it out with a warm, wet rag and if it still persisted, to make an appointment with the vet.

Just as an aside- I am getting really expensive!! Teeheehee. Vet bills are a lot in British Pounds! The simple trip to the vet turned into a GBP88 excursion!

Last time I got worming medicine, I got something they put into my food, like a powder. I promptly puked that stuff up, all over the place. This time they gave me a tablet in butter! It was delicious, and I seemed fine for a few hours, but while mom and dad were working, I had to go down to the front door, and I puked a pile onto the carpet! It was huge, and gross. I didn't realize I had eaten that much that day!

Needless to say, I wasn't feeling well, so Dad stopped working and let me lie on his chest while he watched TV. I got my eye washed a few times, and then Mom made Dad spend the night on the couch so they could make sure I was ok, and be close. But I wasn't having that! I barked and whined until they finally realized that I was going to sleep on the couch with them! It is one thing to be put into my kennel, and then they go upstairs, but it is quite another to sleep on our couch without me!

Today I feel much better, and my eye is fine- but now I know how to get to sleep on the couch at night! (Just a puke away...)

Woof!

No comments: