Sunday 18 February 2007

Fortress of Tentatude

Woof!

The boiler went out yesterday, which was very distressing for me, because I like the warm weather. Mom and Dad seemed upset that it was so cold, but they got to put on extra jumpers and hats, while I just had to suffer!

As it got colder, I just decided to sleep in my chair up in the office, where it is pretty warm. However, when Mom and Dad got done working, they decided that I needed to go to bed. After some discussion of whether or not I should sleep in my kennel in the cold, they decided that maybe I shouldn't, but rather sleep in their room.

I was really excited to hear this news, especially when dad changed and took me to his room! I immediately jumped into bed, but they had other thoughts in mind for my sleep, and it wasn't in their bed, which frankly, just stunk.

You see, sometimes in the morning when Dad is tired, or I wake him up too early because mom didn't let me outside long enough to do my business before bed. He takes me upstairs to sleep in bed with them for an hour or so before he gets up. I love this! I run all the way upstairs, and immediately jump into bed with mom, and get under the covers as fast as I can. When dad gets in bed, I find a nice, warm spot between both mom and dad and fall asleep instantly under the covers, its like a den away from my kennel- and super warm!

I figured this would be what would happen, because frankly I don't like blankets, because it makes it just look like there are people heads floating in bed with no bodies, because I can't see their legs, and so I was super excited.

Dad had another idea though:

First he just put my chair with the blanket into their room in the corner so I could sleep there. But I kept leaping into bed and digging under the covers so that I could make sure his legs were still attached to his head. Thinking I just wanted to be under the bed, he made me this: My Sheet Fortress!

It was really exciting, and I had a lot of fun in it, but it was so exciting I couldn't get to sleep! I just kept jumping in, jumping out, and playing in the tent, and under. But I didn't want a new den, so I kept trying to get into bed with Dad, where it was warm. Dad kept tossing me off, though, so I just went to play with mom while she continued to study.

I was fine with being in the tent fortress when Dad was just sitting there close to me, but when he got all the way into bed, I just wasn't having it!

Finally Mom tried to get me into bed to sleep there, but to be honest, I just wanted my own kennel back, so I asked to go downstairs, and ended up spending the night downstairs. Mom took my blanket with me, so I could still be under that, and it wasn't so cold with the blanket. However, I did learn my lesson, and woke Dad up by howling at 545 in the morning that way I could go to the bathroom, and then get back into bed with them! I spent the morning between Dad's hip and Mom's butt.

Although, I just have one last note. Mom said I looked like a princess in a princess bed. Wrong! I was a guard dog in his fort...


No comments: