Tuesday 13 February 2007

Living with Animals

Woof! I just had the very strange epiphany that I live with two very strange animals indeed. I mean, they are nothing like dogs, and yet I just allow them to run around my den all willy nilly! I feel like I have a good understanding about how they should behave in dog terms- but when you think about it, we are just different animals living in the same den!

First- why can't they go in the grass like everyone else?

Second- they eat so high up! They need to share.

Third- they never sleep when I want to, and when I want to play, they just sit in front of a coloured light box. (Yes- coloured, I'm English).

Fourth- They don't bite! They don't like it when I bite!


I see the other dogs with their dog parents, and they are the same as us, but different. That is as profound as I can offer, but I know something is up. I mean, maybe everyone else is just strange.

Have you noticed how similar I am becoming to mom and dad? I heard that dogs and their owners tend to look the same- it is coming true in our case! Which is good for them, because I am the hottest dog in all of England! I know dad is afraid that I am going to get a really big head, but so far so good!

I guess it is good that different animals can live together- it won't be Eden here until I can sit on the furniture and sleep with my kennel door open and use the toast maker, but every day we get a little closer!

Bark!





2 comments:

Bethany Bengfort said...

Someone has way too much time on their hands. But I guess most dogs do. :-p cute

Winston said...

Well you know, its a dog thing. Dad and mom are glad you are posting again so they can read what you are up to!