Wednesday 14 February 2007

Doggy Valentine's Day

I didn't know what Valentine's Day was until today, and let me tell you it stinks!

First, I had to get up early because Dad and Mom left so many dishes in the sink- so Dad did the dishes for about an hour and a half. Where was I? Stuck in my kennel. Usually I get to continue sleeping on the couch while he drinks coffee and reads in the morning... but no, not on Valentine's Day!

Then, he made breakfast- it smelled delicious! Eggs, grilled tomatoes, croissants, strawberries, mango, cheese (mom said it reminded her of a Grandpa Bengfort breakfast), but did I get anything to eat? Well, actually yes, I got some strawberry that fell on the floor. But there was no Toast?! How can you be in the kitchen and not give toast?

Then mom came downstairs, and she was all excited to see the table, not to see me like she normally is! And while they had breakfast, I just sat there trying to jump onto the table, you know, just to investigate and make sure everything was safe, but I kept getting told to get down!
No doggy chocolate, no doggy flowers, no doggy teddy bear. What a crappy Valentine's day.

Oh, Dad just reminded me that I got a ball from Grandmatagi and Grandpa Tim, but that was days ago...

I guess we'll leave Valentine's for the women. (Dad didn't get anything either)

Woof!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Winston,
I totally agree with you. My parents are old. They eat Special K and Cheerios for breakfast and all I get is a little bit of banana once in a great while. They yell at me to "Go eat your own food!" when I am, well, sorta, really begging any time they eat. But like you I am cute and sometimes it works.
Cheerio, Old Boy!
Casey from Phoenix