Friday 9 March 2007

Spoiled Dog, Picky Eater
















Generally when I look into my bowl, I find the Hill's Science Plan Formula for Puppies.

Ugh.

I mean, I am not a puppy anymore, why should I eat puppy food? I mean seriously, I am a grown up dog, with grown up tastes. Anything that comes out of the fridge, or the cupboards, or Port Meadow- THAT is what I should be ingesting. I have a delicate palate you know?

Its not that my parents haven't tried, as you can see below, there is a list of things that my parents have added to my puppy (ick!) food to make me eat it: butter, corriander, honey, raw egg, onion gravy, dentarask, and even Cesar dog food (which is at least grown up food- I really like the rabbit and turkey!). But just adding doesn't make it better- it just makes it messier. And at first I would go for it, and gobble everything, even the puppy food up in desperation to eat it, but now I am more keen in my dog food sense.















My parents even throw bits of their food into my bowl along with the puppy food to get me to eat it. But this is even worse! It makes the good food taste like puppy food! Who would do that? Needless to say, now I snatch out the food before it gets too contaminated and drop it onto the nice dirty floor and eat it there. How much better is a dirty floor than food that tastes like puppy food? A lot better, so much better.

Mom and Dad might think I'm spoiled or picky, I even refused to eat for the past day and a half, choosing instead to eat whatever I can find. But I don't think I am picky, I just think I am refined. And since I am so old (5 months two days ago- thats 5 and a half years old in doggy years), I think I should get the grown up stuff.

I mean, anything tastes better than that puppy food. Well, almost anything....

1 comment:

Jacquelyn said...

Note: do not give your puppy milk or honey, unless you also want to give your puppy mild diarrhea.