Monday 19 March 2007

Sunday Afternoon Walks and Roasts

Sorry about being sick and having my parents post for me the past couple of days. I don't know what was wrong with me, it seems like just puppy stuff, but I am feeling much finer now, and ready to rock! Especially after last night* when I got to sleep with my dad the entire night and well into the morning. Now I am feeling a little antsy, but alright. I got a new rawhide cigar and I am going after that! But it has been all excitement for me, and then bigtime downtime.

Yesterday, after all the puking, I got to go on a Sunday walk with my parents. Unfortunately, the plan was to go to The Perch, a pub in Binsey, across from Port Meadow to get Sunday Roast (The Perch allows dogs, as well as several other pubs in our area, which is really nice for me, even if I get really excited! I have already eaten there once!) We took off, and I got to wear my long extendo leash, but when that busted, I got put on my harness, which is also ok, because it makes me behave like a perfect gentleman!

When we went out the weather could have been better. As seen from the inside (and perhaps these pictures) it looked beautiful outside, blue skies, puffy clouds etc. However, we weren't more than two blocks from the house when it started spitting rain. Dad decided that we should go to the top of the meadow to view the weather, and when we got there (it was raining quite a bit harder, and horizontally) mom and dad decided that the rain would end fairly shortly afterwards. They were right, the rain did stop, but the wind continued- hard! I guess it is spring time gusts or something like that!

Needless to say we made it to the Perch without to much incident, I got to meet a couple of dogs, and hang out, and it was a fun walk- but when we got there we discovered we needed a reservation to get in! (I mean, a reservation to a pub?!) So we couldn't stop and eat, which made me very sad. However, one of the waiters gave me a dog bone shaped treat, so I got to eat, even if my parents didn't! So we headed back for home.















Along the way, we met another dog off his lead, whose owner wasn't very nice. Mom and Dad and I just stopped there to let the other dog meet me, and we were jumping around, but I was on my lead so I had to be well behaved. The other dog just kept running around. The owner started to yell at him, but he ran away from her. In the process, I went to play, but accidentally bumped into the other lady's legs, and she jumped back frightened and accused my dad of having a dad that attacks! (He wasn't too thrilled about that). Finally she caught her puppy and she hit him for being bad! Ha! If my parents hit me when I finally came to them, I certainly wouldn't come back the next time. It was sad, and I could tell my parents were annoyed by the lady. I felt bad, but what are you going to do?

Then we met some geese. That was funny because they cleared the path for us like they weren't afraid of us or me even! We just walked through, and then they came back onto the path again, like nothing had happened. A Dog should always get the right of way to a bird!

We went home, and I got food and water, then my parents went to another pub that was in town to get their Sunday Roast, which was good, we were all happy. The long walk made me really sleepy anyway, so I was glad for the downtime. It was a beautiful Sunday and a good day for a long Port Meadow walk. Who care if I jumped on Dad's jeans and got them all muddy, or the Perch didn't have a Roast available for us? You can't sweat the small stuff, I was just happy that we got a nice walk and it didn't start hailing until we got home...

Woof!

* I did manage to scare the jeebies out of dad. While Dad was watching TV I went to my kennel to start cleaning myself, and because I was tired. I guess I wandered off and got into the laundry room somehow. It was dark, and scary and I couldn't find my way out. Plus I wasn't feeling well, so I just sat there on my but with my legs splayed out, shaking. Dad came to check on me, he could hear my collar jingling from the shaking, but he thought I was cleaning, when he found me, he was very upset and picked me up and put me in a blanket and cuddled me for the rest of the night. Mom and Dad gave me water and food to help me recover, then I got to sleep with Dad! That was the best part, it is more fun to sleep on the couch or in bed than in my den!

Picture 1- Mom and I in the Meadow
Picture 2- Windy day blowing my ears around!
Picture 3- I see Geese!
Picture 4- Dad and I cross over a red steel bridge over the Thames, or in Oxford, the Isis

1 comment:

Devi Bengfort said...

I feel your pain Winston, laundry is a scary thing, especially if your washing machine sounds like it is possessed by the devil whenever you turn it on!