Sunday 4 March 2007

Other People

Last night Paul came over. I went crazy! I love seeing new people, they are so much fun, but it is weird for me. For instance, I love making new friends and I wag my tail so hard I think it will fly off. I jump up and try to lick them or bite them so that they will play with me and they'll know I want to be friends. But then they usually get mad or kick me off, or dad and mom grabs me and I just don't understand why- I mean I am being more polite than most of dogs are.

So far my favorite is Nick- he'll let me chew anything- his watch, his belt, his hand. And he'll wrestle me and lets me bite. Mom and Dad don't seem to appreciate that Nick knows what a dog wants. Other people are afraid of dogs- I mean seriously, how can you be afraid of dogs? I mean, what could I do? A little dog like me couldn't eat you. I guess there is a cultural difference to Dogs, and Oxford being so international, there are a lot of cultures I get to meet.

For instance- Greek people love Dogs. Artemis- the girl who is doing something with the living room, was very excited to see me, and I was excited to see her, but she didn't let me nip her, so that was kind of dull.

Caribbean people don't like me at all, they move away from me when I jump at them, and I have to bark at them so they will pay attention to me, which seems to make them even more unhappy. Why? I don't know, my dad seems to like me just fine.

British people, especially old people love me! They say I am a real dog, and will let me jump and bite even on their nice clothes when I go for walks! They say the weirdest things, but I think it may be because they understand dogs! I ran into an old lady on my last walk, and she grabbed me and played with me, it was a lot of fun! She even said I looked like Winston Churchill, whoever that is, he must be handsome, though, because he has my name!

My only problem is when other people sit on my dad's chair. But I have a trick to get them off. I jump on their laps, climbing my way up if I have to, then I nip at them until they try to get me off. When they lean forward, I get behind them and push them from the back of the seat until they have to get off! It seems to work- I have already managed it on Paul and Sasha, and no one else seems willing to try!

Its so exciting to see new people, I wish they would like me as much as I like them!

Woof!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Winston,

I saw this great cartoon in the Wash Post today. It's the Red and Rover cartoon. You'll love it! Red, tells Rover the dog to sit, lie down and roll over which he does. (I'm sure you do too as well. Since all the Bengforts are like Lake Woebegone people...where the men are handsome, the women strong, children are above average, and am sure dogs are educated.) In the cartoon after Rover does what he is asked, he starts thinking that Red could do the same thing..so he is thinking...while red turns on the teleivision..SIT and Red does, roll over and Red does in front of the Tv and lie down...which Red does laying on rover's back. Rover has a big grin...

I'm thinking that while you obey..."mom and dad" does as well.. Am I right or what?

Caribbean Grandmom who still has to meet you to get to know you.