Wednesday 28 March 2007

Bathtime Blues





Yesterday was bath day... after most of the morning laying with mom on the couch while she read her schoolbooks, she finally decided that I was one stinky dog, and that if I wanted to continue to lie on the couch with her, I needed a bath....

I have had a bath once before- after a particularly wet and nasty day out at the meadow, I returned home covered in mud. Dad decided that it was time for a bath, so he and mom went to the vet (speaking of mom, if you are reading this, go to the vet and get my worming medicine!) and bought some doggy shampoo and plopped me in the bathtub. Unsuspicious the first time, I was just amused at the shiny, white, slipperiness of the thing and I just played around a little bit, but then the water started. It wasn't the good water like at the meadow, it was jet water that was getting me soaked. Immediately I flipped out and tried to bail out of the tub, not wanting to get wet. At least the water was warm, but you get cold when you're wet, even if the water is hot. But I was held down. That day, I learned my lesson- stay away from the white, shiny, slippery thing.

Whats odd, is that mom and dad occasionally get into the other clear looking thing, and I know water comes out over there- I have tried to drink it several times (while avoiding the bathtub) they look perfectly happy over in the other one, why can't I go over there? But actually, I know I don't want to, because they always come out dripping wet, and if I am in the bathroom when they get out (usually because one of them has let me in by accident) then I can lick the wetness of their legs and toes! I think I am doing them a favor, but they get mad... especially mom!

Well, Dad was busy yesterday when mom decided to give me a bath so she decided to do it herself. However, I was a little wiser this time and started fighting as soon as she picked me up to go to that slippery white shinny death cold thing. I think I fought bravely, but she eventually overpowered me and there was nothing I could do. I kept barking and whining, but to no effect. Dad came to see what was up, and instead of helping me, he just laughed and grabbed the camera! Can you believe that?

Needless to say, both mom and I were unsatisfied with the bath. Me because I got wet, mom because I didn't get clean, and both of us because now the bathroom (the warmest room in the house) was soaked and smelled like wet dog for the rest of the day. I mean seriously, do you think I like wet dog smell? Of course not! If I did, then I would be happy to get wet...



All I have to say is--- "Blech"!

Woof!

Picture 1: Mom wrestles me into the tub, but the water is on, and I am not having it!
Picture 2: She got me, oh, she got me!
Picture 3: The horror of wet dog...
Picture 4: My feelings for the bath are written on my face...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winston,
My Mom takes me in the clear thing and comes in with me to give me a bath. It is awful because I can't get out. I just stand there and shiver because she gets me wet and then washes me with shampoo and then she practically drowns me trying to get the soap out. Now when she asks if I want a bath, I hide in my Dad's lap and shake so Mom feels guilty and doesn't give me a bath.
I do like to go to the beauty shop.
Casey
(Your Dad is a friend of mine.)

Benjamin Bengfort said...

He also doesn't like it when mom is in the bathtub...