Monday 5 March 2007

The TV


The TV, you might be surprised to find out, is one of my favorite things in the entire world! Don't get me wrong- I am not fooled by the noise or the colored pictures going across the screen. I know they aren't real, and to be honest, I am not sure why my parents are so infatuated with it, it seems a little ridiculous to pay attention to a gray box with funny noises that makes light, especially when I am so cute, and hanging out right there!

It is my favorite thing because when the gray box makes noise and flashes is light, I have the attention of my parents! They sit on the couch (my favorite place) and I can play, look out the window, or sleep on them. They'll throw my ball while watching TV, or pet me, and it is generally very comfortable. And- more importantly- they are home when that box is on! I don't like it when they leave, so that is very good, I think. When they are upstairs with those paper things that they read, or at the other light boxes that make sound (the computers I think) they just ignore me, and clatter away at those key thingys. Sometimes I get to sit on mom's lap, but they are usually absorbed, and I just have to chill.

The gray box downstairs is a wonderful thing. It is too bad that I heard they may be getting rid of it soon! I don't know why! They spend more time there than they do upstairs.

1 comment:

Benjamin Bengfort said...

Yes, we are getting rid of the TV. Jaci and I have been promising that we will do that- not because we spend more time in front of the TV instead of working, but because it is dangerous when we must spend a lot of time in front of our computers, and books!

Also just recently, Virgin took over NTL for our provider, and we lost SKY as a result, thereby taking away any reason for me to watch the tele.

Plus, freed from the TV bill, I think we can afford a gym membership- which I desperately need!