Friday 13 April 2007

Winston Bengfort: Worldwide Phenomenon

You know, it's hard being a dog with such a large fanbase. I'm not bragging, either. I have Facebook friends from around the world, and even people who have never met me ask to be my friends. It's a lot of pressure on a young pup, but I try not to let it go to my head.

In fact, I make a point of being extremely welcoming whenever someone new comes to my house. I jump up and greet them. Sometimes, I even grasp their shirt sleeves ever-so-gently with my teeth and tug, so they know they are free to play with me on the floor. On Easter, while I was outside during dinner for some odd reason, I serenaded my fans from the garden. I'm a dog of the people.

With my friendly and fun demeanor, I figure I'm poised to be a star along the lines of a Gromit, a Clifford, maybe even a Lassie. To that end, I've been practicing my speaking voice. I often go to Dad and give him a titbit (that's how we Brits spell it) of information. He's getting better and better at decoding: for instance, the other day I told him "Ah roo! Roo! ROO! Yip." Which as you know means "Stop encouraging Mom to put me in the shower and run the water so I stop eating the drain guard!" He said, "What!? Timmy fell in the well?!"

He got that there was water involved. So I think the main thing I need to work on is training my Dad.

No comments: