Tuesday 10 April 2007

Mom's Other Pet

The other day, Dad and I were hanging out in one of our favourite spots: "Mom's room," which is the guest room. It's little and warm and sunny, and there's a bed in there perfect for reading or taking naps. (Dad and I having recently been enjoying the works of James Clavell.)

So anyway, I was just chilling out, half awake and half asleep, when what did I spot on top of Mom's dresser but her other pet! It wasn't a dog. It looked diabolic--big horns, and wearing some sort of strange outfit--and it was looking straight at me.

You can imagine my shock! I began to bark ferociously, but the evil little critter continued to stare at me. Worse, Dad didn't do anything except call Mom, and then they laughed and laughed at me! Finally, I got to sniff the pet. It was very strange, because it didn't smell like an animal. It smelled more like a towel or a carpet or something, I'm not sure. Odd indeed.

Anyway, Mom took some pictures of this strange animal and I interacting. Then the strangest thing of all--she stuffed it in a drawer! I hope she doesn't do that to me. Luckily I am much cuter and sweeter than this animal. In any case, I'm watching my p's and q's from now on--and watching my back. Woof!

No comments: