Monday 16 April 2007

I see flying people...


Well, its spring- and all the crazy furless humans are going into the sky. I just don't understand their obsession for flying in crazy colorful things so high up in the sky, its madness! Needless to say, I have only recently learned to look up and see things, at first, I didn't think there was much you could see up... I mean I know that birds fly, but when they're in the air, you can't catch them, so why look up? The only things that matter are on the ground, or in jumping distance where you can get to them.

This problem was compounded by looking through glass. I don't look through glass, I look at it. I mean, who would think that you could look through something? These two things combined, did weird things when I was trying to meet my friend Monty. Monty lives in a little bay window in one of the shops on the street we live on, its about 3 feet up, and has glass on it. For a while I was so confused, because every time we walked by mom and dad would get excited and would keep trying to show me the glass. But it was just glass, and nothing special, there were much more interesting smells around! But then I could also hear the glass barking... it was weird.

Needless to say, I finally figured it out, while sitting on my mom's lap looking out the office window. One day it got warm so they opened the office window, and I realized that I was looking out, not at something like the TV, that it was real. I got really scared, and ran downstairs out my doggy door to the place I recognized. I could hear my mom and dad laughing at me and calling my name, but I couldn't tell where they were coming from- I looked every where on the ground for them, but couldn't find them. Finally I looked... up, and there they were, where I just was!

I ran upstairs and looked down, then downstairs and looked up, it was a whole new world! It was amazing! I must say, I like heights so much, too, because I can see farther, and it feels like I am much bigger, from ground level everything is much, much bigger than I am, but from higher up, I am king! That is why I like to sit on the stairs and look down, and in the upstairs windows and look at the street, and in my chair and look out the window, it is great!

So now that I look up, and through, I can see all sorts of things I have never seen before: kites, hot air balloons, big birds, and even Monty in the window!

No comments: