Sunday 16 September 2007

Home Alone with Dad

Well, I am home alone with Dad for the weekend, its day 2 of momlessness, and I think Dad and I have just got the hang of it. Mom left this weekend for Birmingham, for another bellydance thing. Luckily she let dad off the hook this time since she had previously dragged him to Blackpool, so I got to stay home with him rather than be sent away. I didn't even realize what was going on- I just assumed mom was leaving for errands or class or something.

Yesterday morning we were all in bed at 7; when in my doorbell like fashion, I sprang out of bed and ran downstairs barking. Mom went to see who it was- surprise! It was painters that our landlord sent to dress our windows. Well, mom and dad didnt let me meet the painters, and then the backyard was off limits for me most of the day until the paint dried. Mom took off at 11 and it was just me, dad, and painters- so I didn't really notice what was going on. I acted out for mom not being around and not being allowed outside.

I did my crazy poo dance, and tore up the carpets, etc. Dad finally got so tired of me that he took me out for a run to calm me down, which worked. We then spent the rest of the night watching Ghost Rider. When it was late, and about time to go to bed, I realized mom still wasn't back. Dad was reading Sharpe in Bed, and I was with him, but I kept whining to go out, and barking at every little noise I heard, hoping Dad would get out of bed and open the door for mom. It was wierd, she wasn't there.

Anyway, now it is Sunday morning and Dad says mom will be back today, so I am much calmer, and am just sleeping in the sun...

No comments: