Wednesday 18 July 2007

A Family Excursion

Today was Awesome!! Right now, my buddies Jake and Ruth Ann are in France watching guys running over dogs, I mean, the Tour de France, so Mom and Dad and I had borrowed a car from some friends for various runnings around and because they left to "go home" (wherever that is--this seems like home to me!). But we had to drop it off today, and because Dad's city bike broke, we decided to make the long walk home an excursion for the whole family!

We dropped off the car at about 4:35 and set out. It was a beautiful sunny day today and let me tell you, I was pretty happy to be outside. First we walked up a giant hill, then along a high, grassy strip of land, through a neighborhood, a shopping center, and a whole different meadow than yesterday. And I got to walk through Mom's college! I was very proud of myself.

By the time we finally got back to friendly territory, though, I'll admit I was pretty pooped. I tried to dive into the veterinarian's, but Mom and Dad drug me home instead (what can I say--I really like the treat's Jo the nurse gives me!). When we got home it was after 6:15--we walked for almost two whole hours! Even Mom and Dad admitted that they were pretty tired by the last thirty minutes or so.

I tried to bring home a nice souvenir by rolling in some poo along the way, but all that got me was an unceremonious dunking in the bathtub (my second this week, so Mom wasn't happy either, but she only washed my poo spot this time). Now I'm just going to crash downstairs with Dad and watch a bit of the Tour de D0g-Rolling highlights on T.V. and think back on our awesome family excursion. Woof!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Winston,
I like Poo too!!
I am a Yorkshire Terrier.
I was born in the US but I have English blood.
My Mom is starting to think that it is the English blood thing that attracts us to the Poo.
I hate baths! And I especially hate having my beard and mouth washed...did i say I liked poo?
Love, Casey

PS from Mom...Yuck!!!