Thursday 5 July 2007

My Fantasy Football

My new friend Marrissa and I go after the Football like a shot!

The Fourth of July was yesterday, and my colonist parents of course put up a serious rukus- but not as much of a rukus as I managed to put up! It was a good day all in all, especially because they took me to the Merton Sports Grounds with them for an American Style BBQ and Fireworks, but most importantly- American style football!

I was let off the lead to roam around, and in order to impress my parents, I didn't go to crazy on the many people that were there, I just ran around wagging my tail at some, and jumping on those that said hi to me, gave them a lick and moved on. I stayed pretty close by, although, this one time I followed this bearded guy around the back of the building and mom had to chase me down... Needless to say, the guys started a game of pick up football, and that is when I really learned to love Cornwallis' folly.

I would run around between the players following the ball. As soon as one of them dropped it, I was off like a rocket with it! Five grown men hot on my heels- and I love the attention. I managed to get my tooth stuck in one of the laces by accident, and those guys aren't exactly gentle (my dad had to come in and defend me at one point, I may look like a big dog, but I am just a puppy!) but I'm ok, because it was so awesome. I made the brand new football look like a worn and ratted old thing! So much fun! I even got some meat from the BBQ.

Later on I was chauffered home so that I could sleep off the excitement, it was too much for a puppy to handle! I heard that my parents stayed and set off fireworks, and woke all of St. Catherine's College by singing a cat howl version of the national anthem. What do you do? I was so pooped, I haven't had that much excitement in a long time!

Woof!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.