Sunday 5 August 2007

Winston saves the day

Sometimes, my parents seem to imply that, while a beautiful specimen of an animal, I'm a bit useless. Well, I showed them.

Picture this: Saturday morning about 7:45. We're all in bed, and I'm snuggled under the covers to block out the sun. Suddenly, there comes a knock on the door. Do my parents move? No. But I, I leap from the bed, tearing out of the covers, and scrabble frantically at the bedroom door while my mom says, sleepily, "Winston, what the heck?" and leans up to open the door.

I race downstairs as a second knock comes. This time, thanks to my energetic warning, my parents raced downstairs to answer the door where, lo and behold, there was a delivery man with my dad's long-awaited computer. As my dad signed for it, and only then, the alarm clock started going off downstairs.

Who's useless now, huh?

No comments: