Thursday 16 August 2007

Sleeping in Bed


I have finally coerced my parents into letting me sleep in bed with them! Basically I whine, and bark, and make a racket everytime they put me into my kennel, and behold- I am in the bed! They hav even finally given up on trying to put me into the kennel for even part of the night! As a luxury dog, I require a bare miniumum of 100 thread count sheets, comforter and duvet. I don't think this is too much to ask, seeing as how I am doing the vital job of keeping their legs warm.

Dad thinks that I am willing to sleep in my "spot" (shown in the above picture). Often times when we all get into bed, I will head up to the top of the bed for goodnight kisses and licks. But really, I am going up there to see if I can get some pillow. I mean if dad and mom have pillow, why can't I? I think that is just rude that they don't give me any! Dad gets tired of it after a while, and sends me to the bottom of the bed by pushing me and saying: "go spot", but I don't care, I fight back by twisting and biting and whining. I have gotten to the point, where now I can sleep between the two of them at night.

Another place I like is under the covers. I actually will go to my spot under the covers, so I can lean up on their feet, but if I am in the middle, I like touching them both. Mom and Dad say that I am tryiing to push them off the bed, but really, I lie in the middle so I can cuddle them both at the same time, then either mom or dad will flip over, and I have to stretch to reach them! This makes it look like I am crowding the bed or pushing them off, but really I don't want either of them to feel left out.

To be fair, mom does this to dad, even when I am at the bottom of the bed, she'll try to cuddle him, he'll roll, and he ends up with no blanket, and no bed, and she has most of the bed! It used to be worse back when the bed was against the wall, because then dad or I would be smashed up against the wall which is not fun.

Also not fun- sunlight in the morning! It gets bright early here during the summer, I mean 4 am early, so even if I am not under the covers at night time, come 4 am, I am heading under- I have to crawl up onto dad's face, then nudge him until he opens up the covers enough, so I can get in. Then I crawl and cuddle on his legs until he opens them so I can be between his calves- then he can't roll so much and knock me about, plus I actually get air that way.

Dad gets up early- around 615, this is also disappointing, because then I have to go downstairs to gaurd him while he makes coffee, but as soon as he sits down to watch the news- bang! I am upstairs and back in bed! I could stay there all day!

Woof!

No comments: