Tuesday 19 June 2007

Escargots pour un, si'l vous plait

I'm really quite happy to be spending my formative years in Europe. Lovely meadows, my own passport, language immersion opportunities, and of course, the snails.

Mom tells me that back in the day, when she was a kid, she had never seen a snail! And she only saw slugs once! Which is a real shame, because they are tres delicieux.

Every time it rains, I have myself a little feast. It's snails galore! They come out on the patio, and I have only to brave the rain to bask in my own personal buffet. All dogs go to heaven? All dogs should go to the UK! It's paradise!

Anyway, the snails are the only thing that make the rain bearable. Yesterday, not only did it rain all day but I was stuck in the house while my parents went gallivanting to who-knows-where. I showed them, though, and when they left me for the third time I went to work and finished shredding the upholstery on one of their chairs. Ha!

Although in hindsight, now when it rains and I'm stuck inside I probably will have to be in my kennel. Dang it! No more all-you-can-eat snails!

Woof!
Photo: Romantic dinner by flashlight.

No comments: