Tuesday 10 June 2008

The Stink Factory


Recently my parents have been complaining saying that I am a stink factory. I guess it is because I have found a wonderful new place to drink from: the sewer. Our backyard sewer has been clogged for some time, you may remember how upset I was when our back gate turned into a swamp. But because it is where all the dish water comes out, you can get some pretty interesting tasting water right in your own backyard! But now my parents say I am covered in stink all the time, and I have noticed I am being shunned/bathed a little too often, so I think I might cut it out. Anyway, they put a top over the main part so all I can get is what drips onto the ground...

1 comment:

Benjamin Bengfort said...

Just to clarify, he isn't drinking sewage, he is drinking the water that I have done the dishes in, which contains mostly food crap and soap...

The problem is, like most English houses, our plumbing is connected to the sewer system in several places. The toilet, shower water, laundry water, and sink water all go in different pipes to different places (although I assume they all end up at the same place).

The sink drain is also the same drain as the gutters (???) so it is open. When you have grease in your food, it mixes with the leaves and other protiens and sort of makes a wierd concrete, and that mixed with a very sharp U-bend creates clogs often.

Most of the time we can free them with soda or draino. Occasionally we have to go down there to get it out. But once a year, the clog is so far away that we have to call the landlord and he gets it out with a wire snake.

Unfortunatley that time has come again, but our landlord hasn't been around! We have managed to stay away from the backyward swamp so far,though.