Friday 6 June 2008

The Almost Bird Catch

When Dad and Mom got home yesterday I went outside to greet them. It has been raining all week, but the past couple days have been extremely nice. Yesterday was the first day of the nice weather, so I was perfectly willing to go outside to see them. The front yard is my yard anyway. When it rains a lot, Dad doesn't mow the backyard. and it grows a lot, probably because of the rain. It becomes a jungle that is taller than my head. I don't like going to the bathroom in the rain anyway, so I definitely won't do it when there is a jungle. Dad and Mom solve that problem by letting me go out in the front yard on the pebbles, so it is my yard.

Well, I smelled something unusual in my front yard, so I totally ignored Dad and mom and went into the bushes, Dad and Mom were standing outside talking to someone, when all of a sudden, I found the intruder in my yard! I jumped up to grab it and leaped through the bushes, and almost caught the pigeon by the tail feathers as it tried to fly away. Dad also had a chance to grab it, but he didn't take it, even though the pigeon hit him in the shoulder!
I was bothered for a little while, but Mom has moved the furniture again, so I have a perfect spot to look out the front yard and guard it from any fowl play...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good that you're practicing up for those North Dakota pheasants, Winston -- and they probably taste much better!

Dad B.