Monday 9 June 2008

Indiana Dog and the Lawn of Doom

The past few weeks have been nothing but rain, and as such the back lawn has become a little out of control, and more like a jungle. I couldn't go to the bathroom in the front yard, but had to resort to begging at the front door to go out in the front yard! As you can see, I had to leap through the tall jungle grass like a tiger or a lion in order to get anywhere! Thus the lawn of doom became my great despair...



We lost many good explorers in that jungle who set out to find the toys that lay in the grass for the move home. This Saturday, however, was the first sunny nice day that dad was home, something had to be done! The lawn of doom would be no more... Dad had to attack bits and then dump his basket, and it took a long time!


I didn't know if we would make it, I had to leap through it to escape a fate worse than being put into a kennel! We uncovered so many snails and slugs and beetles, they all kept running! I admit, I am a little scared of the mower, but I think that I managed to stay away. I even got in some licks of my own by tearing up plants and chewing up the grass- also pulling sticks and shrubs out of mom's hands and destroying them!


Finally, the lawn was tamed, and I can now use my bathroom in peace again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back posting & to see that you weren't one of the explorers lost in that jungle. I also hope that you found all your toys so you can bring them back to the states with you.


Shadow